.

Friday, March 22, 2019

Sports Narrative - Track State Champion :: Personal Narrative Essays

Personal Narrative- overfly State ChampionWith shaky knees, I hesitantly made my authority up the large white steps. With the back of my hand, I brushed outdoor(a) a few salty tears of relief. As I stood at the top of the podium and looked up into the packed stadium, my mind drifted back to boththing I had g peerless through to achieve this moment, the day I became a declare champion.The start of the 2002 track season found me concerned with how I would perform. after(prenominal) a disastrous bout with mononucleosis ended my freshmen track season, the maintenance of failure weighed heavily on my mind. I set a end for myself in order to maintain focus and to push myself alike(p) cypher else would. My goal for my sopho more(prenominal) track season was to become a declare champion in the 100 meter hurdles. I worked hard quotidian at practice and went the extra mile, like running every Sunday, to be just that much closer to reaching my goal. The thought of standing highes t on the podium in the center of the field, surrounded by hundreds of spectators, overcame my thoughts of complaining every time we had a hard workout. When I closed my eyes, I depicted myself waiting in anticipation as other competitors names were called out, one by one, until finally, the booming voice announced over the loudspeaker, ...and in prototypic place, your 2002 100 meter hurdle champion, from Hotchkiss, Connie Dawson. It was visions like these that drove me to work harder everyday. As the season progressed, competition started getting fiercer. I was up against girls running at a 5A level, yet, I was able to hold my own. Finally there came a tiny light at the end of the tunnel it seemed as though I was getting closer and closer to accomplishing my goal. Along with my undefeated ennoble came a huge target painted on my back. I sacredly checked Rocky Preps every day to see if the competition was gaining on me. It seemed that every time I had improved, there was so meone right lowlife me, running their personal best too. I trained during the weeks before regionals like I had never trained before. Each day my stomach became more twisted with knots that looped around every part of my stomach. I dont think I had ever been that nervous in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment