.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Overcoming Personal Challenge Essay

When some unrivaled has a in-person challenge, it get under ones skins it difficult at times to achieve success. It is not continuously easy for me to achieve success in life because I founder a mild form of autism known as Aspergers Syndrome. Aspergers Syndrome affects many subjects of my life. First, it affects my ability to learn, making success in school a struggle. Next, Aspergers interferes with the ability to watch social situations, making success at work difficult. In addition, this handicap affects the ability to distribute with others in personal relationships. I feel I take for overcome many of the difficulties associated with my disability and have already achieved success in many areas of my life.One area that Aspergers Syndrome affects for me is learning. Although I have a photographic memory and splendid mathematical skills, abstract ideas are difficult for me. I taught myself to read at three twelvemonths old, but I did not always sympathize what I was rea ding. Writing was difficult for two reasons. First, the physical act of indite was difficult due to fine motor skill deficits that made write and printing hard. Using a keyboard eliminates this problem. Second, Aspergers Syndrome affects expressive language, so expressing ideas has been a struggle. I read a story and register the facts, but the life-sized idea a great deal eludes me. Despite these learning disabilities, I graduated in the top fifteen percent of my high school class, a process of the National Honor Society, and received the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship for Advanced and serious MCAS scores.In addition to learning, work is not always easy for me, and I have to try harder than most employees. I am a temporary cashier at Stop-and-Shop where I interact with customers and colleagues. Aspergers affects the ability to understand social cues and acquire social skills such as being open to read body language, and start or confine conversations. I may appear to lack empathy, to misunderstand and confuse jokes, and to take sarcasm literally. This often makes work a struggle. Some people may not understand my social awkwardness, despite the fact that Im trying my hardest to communicate with them. My social disability, however, has notprevented me from succeeding at work for the past year and one half.In addition to a learning disability and hassle in the working world, social relationships are not easy for me. Aspergers interferes with the ability to take others perspective and have empathy. Without empathy and perspective taking skills, its very hard to carry on a conversation. Conversation is one of the main things that make relationships and emotional connections possible. Sometimes conversation seems like a meaningless, confusing ritual. I am still struggling with the ability to make and keep friendships. It will be a life-long effort to make and maintain more friendships.Achieving success when one has a personal challenge faeces be d ifficult. Aspergers syndrome has presented me with significant educational, professional, and personal challenges. With determination and perseverance, I have managed to overcome many of my difficulties and achieved success at school, work, and socially. I live by the words of Liberace Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment