.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Health Care Utilization Paper Essay

Instructor: As I was interview one of the people where I work, she was so naà ¯ve and told me everything that I need to know. She explains to me how the health care system operates back in the days, now and the future, my main concern the cost of insurance for staff and patients. Her name was Vilma Gaciar; she is a general manager where I work, and she has a bachelor in nursing. However, she manages the whole Broward County department, and her primary responsibility is to make sure all team managers are doing an adequate job by helping the patient and family members reach their goals. She works closely with medical staff to plan, direct, and coordinate the delivery of healthcare. Career is a destination. However from the beginning, my goal was to reach some level of ability to accommodate with the field of work that I choose. My goal is to experience work from a range of viewpoint in my field. My journey can be different from others, like work for different companies or big organizations. Moreover, I can say that my journeys still not end yet I still have to walk my way through the top to become a general manager. How I manage my career path wills defined by the decisions and actions that I take on my daily basis. Each and every decision and every action that I make will definitely open a big door for opportunities to advance my career prospects. As I`m working my way up I will have to stay focused and on track. I will take any opportunities and advantage that may come my way. Although, one more thing to always realize, learn from your mistake in order to make the  most of second chance opportunities. Moreover, I still have to finish school and graduate with a bachelor. i will have to climb the ladder with good work performance, able to make good judgment, good decision, empowerment scale high quality, quantity, and productivity is my  goal. My main primary objectives are to have a clear understanding to where I’m today and where I want to be tomorrow will help me make rise decision in my life. The more I learn about my past, the more I will predict more about my present and the better I prepare the more advantage and opportunity that will arise in my future. Furthermore, been a general manager is a difficult job you have to focus on managing difficulties and change. The better you are, the quicker you will be able to adapt to changing and circumstances when they arise and always keep in mind those difficulties and changes bring opportunities for growth and progress. Over the years I have learned new things, gained more knowledge, study new courses and acquired new skills. All of these experiences makeup my list of resources and provide me with a solid foundation for my future career. Although, by giving my career plans, I will need to add additional resources that will help me take advantage of opportunities to climb the career ladder. As a future general manager I will need to identify my assets, my assets are my strengths that I have at my side that can use now and in the future to help me reach that goal. My objective is to take my time to make a list of all things that valuable and trait that I feel that can help me make tremendous progress to move up through the career ladder. For that reason, I need I’m willing to make necessary sacrifices to sustain. Then I will need to go back to reassess my career goals and objectives to achieve that goal. Management and leadership are important for the delivery of good health services. Good managers should try hard to be a good leader and need good management skills. Although, a good leader always consider assess plan, manage the care process for each, interact with the community, and manage all information that covered in the Plan. However, leadership in general has considerations for managing relations with the patients, the region team, as well as the finances team. A big part of the management’s task is to review the important information, service delivery data concern, and use this data  to make decisions about how services can be improve and modified. Managers are more likely responsible for the finances available to the service, and ensure that they use the produce to the benefit of the patients and staff. Keep a hard hub on the overall goal of the service and remind staff, partners and clients of this goal are a major task for managers. Management involves developing staff /skills mentoring persons with high potential, resolve conflicts while it maintains discipline and ethics. However, health care industry is growing faster and faster. The big parts of health care employment are; government hospital, private hospital, nursing/personal care, home health care ect.. However, 21 percent growth in the number of health information management workers between 2010 and 2020, making it one of the nation’s fastest-growing health occupations. By the 1960,’s hospital and clinics began to emerge in the more rural areas, and the citizen had the ability to go to the doctor. Although, there were few large industries in rural areas insurance was not readily available or affordable. Healthcare costs were extremely high and the rural citizen, which mostly consisted of lower income families, depended on homeopathic remedies and only went to the doctor when they had serious illnesses or injuries. The country doctor continued to exist in the rural area until well into the 1960’s and many people in the rural communities favored the family doctor over the new clinics and hospitals that were emerging. Although there is a link between healthcare costs and age, those costs raise more in the over-65s mainly because more people die in this age bracket. While healthcare costs continue to get more expensive, insurance was readily available during the 1970’s through an employer. Once obtaining a good job with a hospital full healthcare benefits were available that included a spouse and children (S. A. Sweeney, Personal Interview, and March 14, 2012). The unemployed and self-employed still had no real access to healthcare, and the number of uninsured Americans continued to rise. In the 1970’s, the government became more focused on developing measures to protect patients and to ensure they better access to health care, but the result was the HMO Act. The older generations no longer had access to healthcare once they retired from their jobs, and the lower income or rural citizen had minimal access to health insurance making healthcare costs outrageous. By the time,  my Mother was a teenager access to healthcare once again changed for the citizen. Medicaid and Medicare were developed to meet the needs of the retired and the lower income families, and the government would pay the doctors a reasonable rate for their services. Health care  facility and hospital, successfully introduce to new technology, well organization skills. We need to develop a new way of looking at how we currently function in any work place we work. Management and workers will have to come together to build, to produce a better work environments; by understanding the long-term issues affecting their future, by creating a new way of thinking about how these current enabling technologies can best be used. References: Bunyavavich S: US Public health leaders shift toward a new paradigm of global health. American Journal of Public Health 2001, 91:1556-1571. PubMed Abstract | Publisher Full Text | PubMed Central Full Text OpenURL Kaiser, H. (2009). National health Insurance: A Brief History of Reform Efforts in the U.S. Retrieved March 16, 2012 from http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/7871.pdf McCanna, D. (2010). A Brief History: Universal Health Care Efforts in the United States. Retrieved March 16, 2012 from http://www.pnhp.org/facts/a_brief_history_universal_health_care_efforts_in_the_us.php

No comments:

Post a Comment